Representative image of Reliance Jio customer Image: AFP
The Reliance Jio Prime membership, started by Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio last February, came to an end on March 31 — but if you are an existing Jio Prime member, there's good news for you. Jio has decided to extend the Prime Membership tenure for one more year free of cost.
This means that existing Prime members won't have to pay another subscription fee to enjoy the Prime Membership benefits. However, the renewal procedure is not automatic and users will have to sign up to continue enjoying the Prime subscription features on their Jio connection.
Jio Prime Membership is essential to avail of various promotional offers and discounts rolled out by Jio throughout the year and is also necessary to get free access to Jio's app suite, which includes services such as Jio TV, Jio Music, Jio News and others.
In case you have already signed up as a Jio Prime member by paying Rs 99 last year, here's how to go about to renew your membership for 12 more months.
Follow the step-by-step guide:
1. Download MyJio app and sign in using your Jio number. Make sure you are using the same SIM card.
2. After logging in, you will see a banner which reads, "Congratulations! Extend Jio Prime free for a year. Here, tap on the Get Now button".
3. In case the banner is not showing for you, force close the MyJio App from Settings and stream a video for 10-15 minutes using the 4G data of the SIM card you are using. Relaunch the app and the banner should show up.
4. On the next page, you will see another introductory message from Jio and below it, there will be a list of Jio numbers registered to you.
5. Select one or multiple numbers for which you want to extend the plan.
6. Click Proceed and you will see a message stating your request was raised successfully and the company will get back to you shortly.
You're done. Wait for an hour or so for a message from Jio confirming the renewal.