Sorry to tell you this, but if you recognise the girl in the picture, then you've been exposed to bad music Image: YOUTUBE
Today is World Music Day and we can't be happier about it. But there is a minor issue which we simply can't ignore. We are talking about the new genre introduced a few years ago — YouTube singers — a breed so contagious, they will give you ringing ears for a lifetime.
So far, we haven't come across any anti-virus or blocker that can stop these horrible viral singers from trespassing on our social media space without any warning. As far as we understand, there is a law to stop noise pollution but surprisingly, some people are too lucky to roam around freely despite creating some extremely disturbing music.
While we are yet to figure out what makes them famous and popular among the masses, take a look at the list of the five most notorious singers who have given us some of the most obnoxious tracks of all time.
1. Dhinchak Pooja: First off, what's with the name girl? Pooja's music is potent enough to cause an epidemic, and we have no qualms in saying that her most popular song Selfie was officially the worst song of 2017. She not only tortures us with her nonsense lyrics but her annoying singing style is what really makes us cringe.
2. Om Prakash Mishra: Every time we hear the song Aunty Ki Ghanti by this person called Om Prakash Mishra, we feel violated on so many levels. It's heartbreaking that this person went viral for a song that talks about women's harassment so casually.
3. Taher Shah: It's a man disguised as a woman or a woman disguised as a man, no one knows. But really, WTF moves inside those tent-like gowns that look so extraterrestrial and extremely creepy. We are talking about a singer called Taher Shah who destroyed our music sensibilities with his ridiculous songs such as Angel and Eye to Eye. He is famous for his illogical and self-obsessed videos and disastrous sense of fashion, and thank God he hasn't released any song lately.
4. Vennu Mallesh: If suing people for abusing auto-tune was legit, we would have sent out a petition already for Vennu Mallesh. Some people call him a singer, but we think it's safe to call him a joker because he is so bad at mixing sounds and lyrics that his song, It's My Life What Ever I Wanna Do is a case in point for how not to record songs in a studio.
5. Bhim Niroula: No lyrics, no music but this guy called Bhim Niroula somehow manages to call his composition Sunday Morning Love You a song. The first line itself is a warning for your ears, because really what does it even mean?
Although we had to go through a lot of shitty sounds trying to compile this list, we really hope that by next year we develop some technology to combat these viral YouTube singers who are giving music a bad name.