Students of the year, you need to take note of these fashion pointers Image: Dharma Productions
Fashion is the most creative way to express yourself, and when you are in college, there is no stopping self-expression. Say goodbye to your boring school uniforms and get liberated with a fresh set of wardrobe items as you step into college. Exciting, right?
However, we do understand that being a college student is not easy as you need a fabulous dress to impress each day. And who can forget the real battle — the one with pocket money (reality strikes, sigh!). To be real about this really important issue, we think one must invest in one's wardrobe staples wisely and choose accessories that can be paired with different looks.
We have picked these five items that are not only apt for the season, but will also keep your fashion game on point — and the best part is that you can always mix and match them, and create a new look all through the week. And guess what? Even your favourite Bollywood stars can't get enough of these trends! Check them out:
1. Bright is right: Invest in a bright piece of clothing, say a nice skirt or a blouse in canary yellow, orange, mint green or a peacock blue. Pair it with a subtle top and comfy pair of shoes, and you are good to go.
Actor Kriti Sanon shows you how to rock a bright yellow skirt.
2. Crop it to rock it: Crop tops should ideally be declared as varsity staple — they are never out of fashion if you have the right attitude to pull it off. This season, pick some cute crop tops and pair them with skirts, loose pants or denim to showcase your happy-go-lucky side on campus.
Actor Disha Patni looks like a hip college youngster in a crop top and loose pants, try out the look.
3. Say it right with slogan tees: Bond over words and feel free to say it out loud with catchy slogan T-shirts. When everything fails, pull out a tee with an interesting phrase or a wise quote and pair it with your regular pair of jeans and shoes, and your work here is done.
Actor Alia Bhatt sends a subtle message with her slogan T-shirt, what's your take?
4. Multi-functional summer jacket: While summers can get pretty annoying, it is important to stay protected with the right kind of clothing. A summer jacket is a must-have if you ride a bike or prefer being outdoors. (Pro tip: The more the number of pockets, the cooler it gets)
Actor Sidharth Malhotra shows you how to be a hottie in a simple tee and jacket.
5. Quirky eyewear: A good accessory can be an instant conversation starter, and if you are not scared to get attention, opt for a pair of quirky shades and stand out among your peers. Not only will they keep your eyes safe, but will also add oodles of glamour to your otherwise plain outfit.
Actor Ranveer Singh keeps the glam quotient high with quirky eyewear, have a look.